I’ve made improvements to the Art Bag – Sidgl’s flagship messenger bag.
Originally designed to carry a plein aire easel and the assorted things needed to paint outside, the Art Bag has become a great general messenger bag.
It’s big – 14″x19″x7″ – but comfortable.
Aside from the big main compartment, it has a zippered pocket on the front flap, as well as a zippered pocket on the front panel – both pockets make for easy access and sorting of personal items.
- Zippers are now lined with leather – adding structure and durability..
- The shoulder strap is now all leather – with Wool Felt backing. The leather breaks in and become super supple – conforming well to the wearer’s body!
- The floating liner is now a lighter weight material – still durable and water-resistant – but it reduces the overall weight of the bag.
- The exterior is 16-18 oz axed canvas from Fairfield Textiles in New Jersey.
- The leather is from Horween/Tannery Row in Chicago.
- All metal hardware including vintage airplane buckles.
- double-stitched seams.
- I will repair or replace any bag as long as you own the bag free of charge.
- Hand-crafted in Oak Park Illinois.
A product is only as good as its promises.
We promise a lot, but I think we deliver on every one of those promises. We believe in making the very best product we can in the most sustainable way we can in a way that supports our community. If you believe in changing American manufacturing for the better, we would love to hear from you!.
Please call me or chat.
I’ll respond as soon as I can.
I’d love to talk with you about making your perfect bag!
P.S. Order your art bag here.
- Designing for Comfort - April 16, 2018
- Style, Comfort, Accessibility and Personal Expression - December 5, 2017
- Improvements to the Art Bag - September 19, 2017
- Fit Matters: Design As An Extension of The Self - June 30, 2017
- A Tale of Two Bags - June 25, 2017
- Designing for the MVP – Backpack Edition - March 19, 2017
- The Consumers Role in a Sustainable Marketplace - February 28, 2017
- When an Opportunity Is Masked As a Problem - February 21, 2017
- The Big Book of Sustainable (What Does Sustainable Mean) - February 11, 2017
- Painting In The Wild With My Plein Air Portable Art Studio (30 Days In Italy) - August 30, 2016